Make a Gift From My DAF
A donor advised fund (or DAF) might be a great solution for you. You can use a DAF to distribute gifts to numerous charities. With a DAF, you can make gifts to charity during your lifetime, and when you pass away, your children can carry on your legacy of giving.
Flowchart: Donor transfers stock or cash to a donor advised fund and the donor advised fund makes charitable distributions.
You enjoy several benefits with your donor advised fund
- Establish a flexible vehicle for annual charitable giving
- Benefit from a more tax and cost efficient alternative to a private foundation
- Obtain a charitable income tax deduction in the year of your gift
How a donor advised fund works
- You make an initial, irrevocable gift of cash or stock to fund a DAF at a sponsoring organization
- The assets in your DAF grow tax-free
- You make annual recommendations on gifts to be made from your DAF
Gifts from your donor advised fund
Your donor advised fund has several advantages. You can make one larger gift to a DAF and then recommend grants to us and other nonprofits. You can use the "Make a Gift From My DAF" tool to contact your DAF provider and make a grant. We will acknowledge your generous gift as a DAF distribution.
If you have any questions about donor advised funds, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Your message has been sent.